Some students strive to attend college far from home. Sometimes it’s because you want to see other places, meet new people… and sometimes it’s just because you want to get as faraway from your parents as possible. Either way, it can be difficult to get a feel for a college campus if you don’t get the opportunity to visit the school before starting classes. There are some great college video sites that let students learn more about a campus and its degree programs without actually visiting the campus.
Photo by thms.nl.
- College Click TV is one of the biggest and best websites out there that offers quality videos about college campuses and courses. The extensive website boasts millions of student members, thousands of interviews with students (about their campus and/or program) and hundreds of schools in the U.S. It’s a great way of finding a school that suits your interests (see their “Top Five Lists“) and it even includes a section for Adult Learning.
- Unigo is a newer website in the arena of college videos, but it’s quickly growing in popularity. Just type in the name of the school you’re considering and you’re off to the races. Includes videos, reviews and photos.
- eCampusTours.com is a great site for college video, too. Members can take 360 degree virtual campus tours. This site also offers and scholarship contests.
- College Review is a blog that includes interview videos with students from different campuses and helpful articles on college life. It doesn’t offer as many videos as the others, but it offers several videos for each university they feature.
- myUsearch (of course we had to mention it) now displays college videos for some of its college matches. Not all of their matching colleges have videos yet, but they’re working on it.
Besides these links, most university websites also have campus videos and interviews with students about the college or many programs.
Do you have any more suggestions? Add to the list.